December 11, 2012, 05:00PM. Where to start? I am thinking.. and I can't come up with any idea. I just decided to keep on typing whatever comes in my mind. Haist! Maybe I am not yet ready to write anything in this blog that I just started. I'll try my luck tomorrow..
Day 2. December 12, 2013, 8:07AM. I'll start my writing in saying - "Enjoy every moment of your life while you are still young. Embrace every second because you'll never know what will gonna happen after a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month or a year. Live it to the fullest like there is no tomorrow." - Isn't? Hmm.. That's what I did, and I am still doing. Do the things that makes you happy. Do it your way, as long that your not harming anyone or anything.
..so let's start to explore, climb, travel and run!
..so let's start to explore, climb, travel and run!
It was December of 2011 when I first join a marathon, it was a disaster! I registered for a 42.195km Standard Chartered Marathon in Singapore and it still 3 months away from the date of the event. I have a lot of time to prepare but I screwed up big time! I have time to practice but I didn't use it. Stupid me hahaha! Since it's my first marathon, I don't have any idea what will going to happen. Then the day of the event came. I was so excited seeing a lot of participant around. Different nationalities. This is going to be fun! Heard the gun shot, and the battle begins!
That was 5 in the morning and the sun doesn't comes out yet. We run, and run, and run.. Until I reached the 17th km, I stop. I felt a muscle cramps on my right leg. Damn! That's hurt! I rest for a while. After a few minutes, I tried to continue but it still hurt! Tsk! I am sweating and tired. The sun is out and you can feel the heat that it's contributing to your body exhaustion. But I can't give up. Not now. I have a strong will power and I know I must continue. I wish that time that my legs are as strong as my will power, but they aren't. After 8 hours of long battle, finally I crossed the finish line. It was a 17km of running and 25km of walking. Whew! I guess it is not bad for a first timer without practice. Lucky me I can barely walk but still manage to go home. Lesson learnt - Don't under estimate anything! Anyone! Never!
May of 2012 is my second marathon and I know now what to do. But this time it's different, it is the Sundown Marathon where you'll start running at 12 midnight. There is no sun that contribute to your tiredness, but staying awake all night is the additional challenge. And here it goes, we start running. After a few hours, I am approaching the 17th kilometer mark. I kept on running then passed to it - without muscle cramps!? Yeah! I felt relief. I know it's not yet half way through but I am just happy that it's not the same thing that happen compare to my first marathon. I think my legs are better this time. The game is not yet over, so I just continued to run. Suddenly the rain start to fall whooooh..! Now it's raining while we are running. I kept going and going and going and going. After an hours of running, I felt really tired, exhausted, sleepy and wet, I crossed the finish line with a minor injury only. Of course it is natural to feel muscle ache after a long hours of running. But I think I did better this time. And better on the third time and much better on my fourth marathon. Just keep practicing and you'll never know you just crossed the finish line, so let's run!
| Finally! |
May of 2012 is my second marathon and I know now what to do. But this time it's different, it is the Sundown Marathon where you'll start running at 12 midnight. There is no sun that contribute to your tiredness, but staying awake all night is the additional challenge. And here it goes, we start running. After a few hours, I am approaching the 17th kilometer mark. I kept on running then passed to it - without muscle cramps!? Yeah! I felt relief. I know it's not yet half way through but I am just happy that it's not the same thing that happen compare to my first marathon. I think my legs are better this time. The game is not yet over, so I just continued to run. Suddenly the rain start to fall whooooh..! Now it's raining while we are running. I kept going and going and going and going. After an hours of running, I felt really tired, exhausted, sleepy and wet, I crossed the finish line with a minor injury only. Of course it is natural to feel muscle ache after a long hours of running. But I think I did better this time. And better on the third time and much better on my fourth marathon. Just keep practicing and you'll never know you just crossed the finish line, so let's run!


No comments:
Post a Comment